We represent insurers on defence, subrogation, and coverage matters. We provide advice and representation on behalf of insurers with respect to errors and omissions, commercial general liability, business interruption insurance, directors and officers insurance and personal lines policies (home and auto). Our work in commercial litigation and construction law brings a depth of experience to our insurance files.
- Representation of an insurer on a claim for coverage following a total fire loss in which arson was established.
- Defence of a lawyer in a professional negligence lawsuit.
- Defence of a psychologist in a malpractice action.
- Defence of an engineer in a professional negligence action arising out of soil contamination.
- Defence of an insurer following a fire loss under business contents and business interruption wordings.
- Defence of a quarry owner in a claim for alleged blasting damage.
- Representation of an insurer in a subrogated action following a flood.
- Defence of a motorist following a motor vehicle accident resulting in a moderate to severe brain injury.
- Defence of an insurer in a claim for business interruption.